Saturday, May 16, 2009

What we did this week...

This week was much more enjoyable compared to the last few. Thanks to Dave. I did some much needed relaxing and got some chores and errands out of the way too. I read, suntanned, shopped, went to a doctor's appointment, got a pedicure and a crazy-short haircut. I will not be posting any pictures of myself, but this is what I was going for.

Turns out, not the best cut for me. Good thing hair grows.

The kids and I did some other fun things in the house including...

Playing games.

Picking flowers and finding bugs in the yard.

Making cakes and other sweets. This cake was made by Dave on the BBQ since our oven still doesn't work.

We also swam a lot, played video games and watched movies (so what else is new?).

We also made an activity jar, full of things we don't normally think of doing, for those bored moments.

I could slowly feel my sanity return and I was much more patient with the kids even when they wanted to watch more SpongeBob.

But I won't volunteer to keep them home another week, that is a promise.

2 comments:

Becky Bean said...

I bet you look adorable...It will probably just take some time for your short hair to grow on you. No pun intended. :) I, for one, want to see pics!!

Tara said...

Awwww.. It looks like Jane had a great B-day. Tell her Happy Birthday for me.
I think you should post some pics too. It's such a dramatic change it'll just take some getting used to. I bet you look great.