Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jane's 9th Birthday!

I love how excited my kids get on their birthdays...and Jane was no exception. She was happy the whole day, nice to everyone and even cleared her place after every meal. I don't overly spoil my kids on their birthdays. They only get a few presents, always a pinata and their choice of foods and cake, but I do try to make it their special day. But Jane's choices even got taken away some, since we have no oven. She wanted German Pancakes for breakfast, but had to pick crepes instead. No homemade key lime pie, not-so-good cheesecake and popsicles instead.
She couldn't even find the penguin pinata she wanted, so picked a Pooh Bear one. But instead of whining or being sad she hugged it and everyone in sight.

That is until she knocked the head off her pinata!

Dave and I couldn't find anything really good to get her here, so she got a gift certificate. I thought that was boring, so I made a scavenger hunt to lead her to her email where she would find her present.

I think it's funny that she's all sweaty in this picture from doing her scavenger hunt.

Happy Birthday Jane, we love you! You're a great 9 year old!

4 comments:

Ry Guy said...

Happy birthday Janers. I wish we could be there to celebrate it with you!

Grandma H said...

Jane,
Wish I could have joined you for your birthday. I tried to imagine what you were doing. Maybe we can have a party for you when you get back to Highland.
We had a pinata here for Cinco de Mayo and it was funny to watch all the old people trying to break it. but finally it started to open so the chocolate candy could fall out.
Love you and can hardly wait for all of you to come back here.
Grandma H.

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday, Jane!!

Oh, I wish I could see you with the haircut. I bet it's not as bad as you say--maybe it's just the initial shock of not having all your hair on your shoulders!?

So, the kids still aren't in school, yet? Wow...you DO deserve some more alone-time! Oh, and I can totally sympathize with you on the band next door...hahaha...oh...it just makes me laugh thinking about it! :-) Not that it's really that funny at 2:30 am...well, then again...maybe it is!

emlizalmo said...

Happy birthday Jane...you are so beautiful! I can't even believe you are 9 years old! My kids are really hoping you come back to Utah soon. :)