Sunday, April 5, 2009


I'm going to miss this place...

Last night Dave and I went out to dinner. We got a babysitter, Martha, we know her from church. She doesn't speak English, but she does a good job anyway. And boy you can't beat 35 pesos an hour. About $2.50. That's the first thing I started to miss last night. #2 We went to a restaurant high on a hill in San Juan Cosala. You could see the mountains, the lake and the town lights. The weather was awesome, some wind since we were so high, but so nice. At least once a week, it hits me how relaxing this place is. So much like a year long vacation, sometimes. #3 We ate a wonderful meal. There are so many great restaurants here, some holes-in-the-wall but others, like this one, 4 and 5 star restaurants. We ate crazily good food for about the equivalent of $30. Valet parking and live music. And no special occasion needed because it was sooo cheap. Just Saturday night. Oh, am I going to miss that.

I know it's still 3 months till we go home, but I already miss it here and am going to soak it up as much as I can.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

What a beautiful photo! Your post made me tear up. Oh, I MISS it! Jared said tonight to someone, "I wouldn't have left Mexico if I didn't have to." Oh, so true!!

Enjoy the food and warm weather for us :-) We miss the sanity (note, I didn't say INsanity) of your family...your level-headed-ness...you know what I mean? I guess visiting family can get to you...hehehee....

Thanks for turning me on to Twilight :-)

emlizalmo said...

What a great experience you guys have had. I'm so glad Carrie. I can bet some serious $ that you'll be going back for a vacation! :)

CT said...

Really, there's no place like Mexico! but then, I might be a leeeetle biased. :D

I stumbled upon your blog, and it amused me that we live so nearby. Also that I think you and my parents were in Tapalpa at the same time. :D

I'm glad you liked it here. In spite of all it's shortcommings, I love my country, and Jalisco is the best! (well, I agree with you that Guanajuato is cool, and so is San Miguel de Allende... how did you like Allende's house?)

AngeeBee said...

I found you on Mormon Mom blogs - we have 3 months left in Mexico as well... and I am having the same feelings - we will miss so much from our 2 years living here! But, at the same time we are looking forward to a new chapter in life.

Disfrutan tu tiempo aqui en Mexico.

Con amor,
Angeebee