Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day trip to Tapalpa

Tapalpa is a little mountain town similar to Mazamitla, a town we visited last fall. The thing that made me want to go to Tapalpa are these flowers.

They are made by kids at a school for the underprivileged and are made from recycled 2 liter bottles. I just think they are so cool and you can only buy them in Tapalpa.

Tapalpa had some other things going for it too. This church is pretty cool.

There are supposedly some cool rock formations to the north of the town and a waterfall to the south, but the kids opted to go to "Ecopark". One of those adventure parks where you zipline through the canopy of trees. Dave, Riley and Jane enjoyed that experience while Milli, Charlie and I enjoyed some slides and overpriced snacks.

I was really proud of Jane. She usually gets pretty nervous about things like this, but she was a pro. I mean, look how high she was. I wouldn't have been so brave.

2 comments:

Becky Bean said...

Alright Jane!! Way to be brave! Also, there's nothing quite as delicious as overpriced snacks...mmmm.

Alisa said...

Fun! I didn't know they made those in Tapalpa. I'm so jealous you guys got to go, and we didn't get around to it this winter. Zip lining looks fun!!