Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dave's birthday and Valentine's Day

Dave was in Orlando for a conference on the 14th (I'd like to thank the smarty pants that thought a conference over Valentine's every year would be a good idea), so we celebrated when he got back.

I was having a hard time thinking of a good present for Dave (so what else is new). There's not a lot here that he wants to buy and anything I could have had shipped from the states just means something else to drag back home. Dave has been wanting to go on a Ultra-light plane flight. We see them circling the lake every weekend. So I figured the best gift I might be able to give was to schedule one for him. We both put things off till the last minute, so I thought it would save us some rushing to fit it in before we left. Well, it turned out to be more of a job than I thought. No one seems to know exactly how to schedule one and I spent 4 hours during the weekend he was gone trying to find the airfield in Chapala where they supposedly take off.

So I'm still working on that.

To welcome Dave home, the kids and I decorated our bedroom with tons of valentine hearts.

I made some barbeque for dinner and a Chocoflan (of course) for dessert.

He got some great books from his parents. Always needed.

Dave also brought home some presents for the kids from Orlando. They are pretty cute, if also incredibly cheesy.

I hope he had a good day. He makes me laugh every day and I can't imagine my life without him. Love you Dave.

4 comments:

Maria Babin said...

I've gotta steal the chocoflan recipe. we had it once in mexicali (from costco ;) ) and sam fell in love with it

Ry Guy said...

Is that author's last name really Gaiman?? I bet he had a rough childhood. (I know it's pronounced guy-man, but that isn't as funny).

Anyways, it looks like everyone had a fun Valentines Day.

emlizalmo said...

Happy Birthday Dave. Hope it was great. I'm so glad you and Carrie and yours are having such a great experience together. I've really got to try that chocoflan stuff. LOVE the lst picture...Riley looks completely too cool for school! :)

Reed's Rat Race said...

Dave, sorry I didn't call ya on your birthday. I officially suck as a brother. On a lighter note, I like the Thing 1,2,3,4 shirts. We almost got the kids some when we went to Orlando a while back.