Friday, July 18, 2008

Been a few days since I updated. I can only use the computer in the evening when Dave is not and it's hard to motivate myself to move from the sofa. We've spent the last few days swimming alot, playing with Joce, going to the street market, looking at other rental properties, and visiting the school that the kids will attend. Dave tried to prepare me before we looked at a few of the rentals and the school. He said remember this is Mexico. To be honest, the houses have surprised me. Very old and though not dirty, just not updated at all. Usually great grounds though. Grass and trees, cobblestones. The school wasn't as bad as I had imagined. Nothing to brag about, but nice grounds and o.k. buildings. Met a few more people and practiced my Spanish. The problem with my spanish is that I think of everything in English, then Spanish, before I even try to say it, and by then it's usually too late. But I'm getting used to the accents and can pick out more words from a conversation than I could last week. The street market was cool. It's every Wednesday in Ajijic. They sold fruit, vegetables, meat, bags, shoes, art. Nothing great but the atmosphere is cool. It's only about 5 blocks from home, so we'll walk most weeks. Looked for a stroller for Charlie yesterday, about $45 for an umbrella stroller, so Dave has his first item to retrieve for me when he goes to the States next month.
I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow. Always feel so touristy.

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

Glad you've had a good couple of days. I miss you already and I'm having a hard time picturing you there...without pictures! Get snapping, Girl! When does school actually start for the kids?