Monday, July 14, 2008

The bad and the good

Today had some bad moments that ended in good ways.
First, the kids were incredibly bored. We don't have a backyard, or any other kids around, and it rained most of the day, so no swimming. They played computer monopoly and complained. The good came when our rental agent, a member of our church, came by to check on the phone that was to be installed. She brought her daughter, Jocelyn or Jocie for short, and she, Riley and Jane played for about 3 hours. She is 10, speaks English very well and is supercute. A friend! Then we found out our house might have no wires for connecting a phone system, something Dave needs desperately for work. Though this is not entirely resolved, we called the owner of the house and he said he's willing to do whatever we need to to get it here. Lastly, I ended up being out on my very first "driving in Mexico" experience -- after dark. This is something everyone has told us not to do. I had gone grocery shopping (yes, again) and tried to hurry but the store was farther away than I had remembered and I missed a turn getting there that cost me some time. On the way back, in the dark, driving for the first time, I didn't miss a single turn to get home (and let me tell you there are some tricky places and not many street lights). Obviously I was praying hard, but I realized that I was being blessed extra because of all the people I know that our praying for me too. Thanks everyone.

2 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Oh I am so gald they have found a friend. That makes all the difference in the world, huh? We need to do webkinz or club penguin where the kids can chat with eachother. And Carrie...home by 7pm! Got it? Really though, I'm glad you were protected and watched over. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, the whole thing is so crazy... I'm impressed. I would be completely freaked out by the scorpions. I'm glad to hear things are going well. I'm dying to see a pic of Dave. Post soon.