Thursday, June 18, 2009

Noisy Mexico

There are many little reasons that I haven't posted in a while. Just not feeling like it, tired, lazy, nothing really exciting going on, and just plain sad we'll be leaving here so soon.

I'm tired for a combination of reasons. Last week started a festival in San Juan Cosala, which means fireworks all hours of the day (the first one's were at 5:15 am right outside our house), parades, and music.

Also elections are on July 5th, which also means more fireworks, parades, and music.

For the past few months these have been common sights.

But lately these are also a daily sight.This is right outside our house.

I've been meaning to ask our mexican friends if mexicans as a whole are more politically involved than us Americans, or if it's just that they like fireworks, parades and music. My suspicion is the later.

It's also been unbearably hot. The kind of hot that zaps your strength and makes you go to bed at 8pm. But that seems to be getting better. That might mean that I'll feel like sitting at a computer to post, but since I have a lot of other excuses, I doubt it.

4 comments:

MaryClaire Brown said...

this post makes me laugh because i totally remember those trucks that just pulled these people campaigning with a microphone from my mission. one time they were going by and they saw my companion and i (we were both american) and they started saying "hello hello window and door. i love you table and pencil." we were cracking up because here they are going down the street on the microphone saying every english word they knew when they saw us.

i'm glad you've had such a great time that you're sad to leave, but we sure are going to be happy to have you back.

Reed's Rat Race said...

Fireworks are perfect any time of year! Now the dudes in the truck with the loudspeakers, maybe not so cool.

Alisa said...

You must be on some of your last weeks? Did I hear that school got extended into July?

Hope all is well, and that you're living up your last month or so there!

The Snow Queen said...

I hope the loud speakers quiet soon. We have an icecream man that talks on a loud speaker around here. I'm always bugged when he comes by. It's so very Mexican...