Thursday, May 28, 2009

It finally happened...

Our first (and hopefully last) scorpion sting. Riley came down last night at about 9:30pm to inform us he had just been stung by a scorpion that had gotten in his bed. He said it felt like a thorn went into his leg and he looked down and saw it scamper away. (There is probably a better word to describe the way a scorpion quickly crawls, but scamper is all I can think of). He said it didn't hurt any worse than a bee sting and after about an hour it didn't hurt at all. We kept him up for a while to watch him and make sure he didn't have any reaction to it. He seemed fine. He had a hard time going back to bed, though. I don't blame him. Dave and I were a little freaked out ourselves. We're getting the house sprayed ASAP.

6 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

I'm not normally a creepy crawly hater... but that made me feel a little icky. In his bed really? Oh.

Tara said...

Blech... That would completely freak me out. Happy to hear he's okay.

Cat said...

AHHH totally creepy!! I hate scorpions! I am glad he's ok!

I found ya on MMB and wanted to stop in and say hi.

Reed's Rat Race said...

Oh my goodness! I think I'll probably have nightmares tonight thinking about scorpions in my bed!

Reed's Rat Race said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reed's Rat Race said...

What are ya waiting for? Fry that thing up and eat it! Or, better yet, make a popsicle out of it because revenge is a dish best served cold! (I'll be here all night folks.) --tyrroneous