Friday, March 20, 2009

Mr Pebbles and Jr.

I'm finally going to blog about our new pets. We've had them for a few months now. They are red-eared slider turtles. Babies, I think. We only got them on the condition that Jocie would be willing to take them when we leave. Turtles this size are illegal in the US. Too small. Kind of like those toys that get outlawed because of their small parts. Kids put them in their mouths. And these toys will give you salmonella poisoning.

These were Jane's idea, but all the kids like them. They don't do much. Eat, poop, scamper around a little when you try to catch them. They kinda remind me of Charlie.

They came with some pellets of food that they haven't touched. I found out on the internet that they are supposed to eat vegetables and feeder fish. We just do broccoli. Seems to be the only thing ours like.

They also love these fake turtles we put in the container. And doing yoga in the sun. See that foot, stays like that for hours.

4 comments:

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

Becky Bean said...

Haha...they remind you of Charlie. Best line ever written in a blog. We missed you guys this week, but thanks for sharing your husband with us.

The Snow Queen said...

Those are the cutest little things! It's too bad you can't bring them home! I love to look at your blog!

emlizalmo said...

Those are the cuest little things! I had ni idea you were a pet mom, Carrie. :)