Monday, December 29, 2008

The Nutcracker

The kids have been practicing for a performance of the Nutcracker that their school does every year before Christmas. Both Jane and Riley were cast as candy dancers. Riley was very mad that he didn't get to be one of the candies on Heelies, because we left his at home.
I have to admit that it was much better than I had anticipated from a bunch of school kids. They go all out on the costumes and the dancing was uncomplicated, but kept the spirit of the ballet.
After the 2 performances, Jane, Riley and I attended the posada afterward, where we could buy food and socialize. They had my favorite, tamales, and some other simple foods. I was surprised to see them selling tequila alongside the sodas. Could you imagine that ever happening in the states? I noticed that they did check IDs.

Jane is still repeating her dance and teaches it to Amelia often (as per Amelia's request). Riley might have blocked it from his memory.

I'll post the video and some pictures as soon as I get them from Dave.

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

Can't WAIT for some video! :)