Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

My friend Laura talked me into hosting a Halloween party at our house for some of the kids friends. I usually get a little stressed out about kids parties but I thought it might be a good opportunity for the kids to see friends from school that they don't usually see. We planned a lot of games, but ended up only doing Pumpkin carving, a pinata and trick-or-treating due to it getting dark faster than we anticipated.

The kids had a blast and I'm glad we did it. Jane and Riley were both skeletons, Amelia was an angel and I bought a luchador mask for Charlie, but he never quite got it on.

Trick-or-treating was interesting. There is one neighborhood here with large amounts of Americans and Canadians, so we went there. Here when you get to the door of a house with lights on, the kids pound on the door and yell "Queremos Halloween"; we want Halloween. I mentioned to Dave that it seemed rather demanding, but he pointed out that ours is rather threatening. Even still, I have to admit when the group of about 30 Mexican kids came to our door and yelled it, I felt a bit threatened.

We ended up with a yard full of paper from the pinata, stomachs full of candy (minus the ones with chili) and a house full of happy kids. Not a bad Halloween.

No comments: