Sunday, October 26, 2008

Busy Sunday

Our congregation at church is very small, and being a unpaid clergy, all of the members have to pitch in to help. So Sundays are very busy for Dave and I.

Today, both Dave and I spoke in the main meeting. I spoke on Covenants and Dave spoke on Salvation vs. Exaltation. Before church Dave had to arrive early to help prepare the sacrament. He then blessed the sacrament. Then I said the opening prayer in Sunday School and Dave was given an assignment to help with the lesson. During the third hour, I taught a lesson from the Book of Mormon to the older kids in Primary.

It's been a long time since I have had such a busy Sunday. Probably since I was a missionary. But I love it. It makes me tired at the end of the day, and puts purpose in my prayers. I knew it would be like this when we came here and I don't regret it for a minute.

2 comments:

Shawni said...

So where'd you go on your mission? I love to "meet" fellow sister missionaries. I love to hear about your branch there...such a contrast to our sprawling ward here. Although I love it, I crave what you've got...when you really have to be in tune and work hard spiritually. Love it.

utahmominmexico said...

Went to England. Mexico reminds me of it in so many ways. Wierd!