Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rewind to Riley's Birthday

I would feel terrible if I didn't blog about Riley's birthday. The poor guy had to tolerate a move the day before, and very hectic house on his special day, but he took it with unusual enthusiasm. He commented any number of times about how awesome the day was. I had been so worried that he'd be disappointed about not getting very many presents, being so far away from friends and family, the fact that I didn't make a cake (bought one), and being a Sunday (always hard on kids).
I have to admit, we did have a cool pinata. A women in Ajijic made it special for us for 65 pesos ($6.50!). It's Crash Bandicoot, by the way.

And Riley got his favorite dinner; shrimp.

The tres leche cake I bought.

And some of his presents. He was especially excited about his new basketball, Pokemon cards, and "The Mysterious Benedict Society" which he has already finished reading and highly recommends.
Thanks to all those that sent presents, cards and emails. I know it made his day even more "awesome".

3 comments:

Heather said...

I don't know if I've ever seen that big of a smile on Riley's face before. Way to go - and happy birthday bud! We thought of you all day.

The Reeds said...

Glad to hear it turned out to be a great b-day..

Sweet Pinata!!

Jennica said...

Ahhh!!! I didn't know you had a blog...I am very excited to find out that you do. =) Tell Riley "Happy Birthday" for me...he is such a little stud. I love your new house, looks like a vaccation resort to me. I hope all is going good for you guys. We miss you!