Friday, August 8, 2008

I tried to exercise.

After more than a month with little or no exercise, I tried to run today. Dave's been very good, going 2 or 3 times a week for about 4 miles. I made maybe a mile. It was harder than I thought. Besides not really being a runner, it took me 4 blocks of walking to find a road with a sidewalk to actually run on. I wasn't about to run on the very uneven cobblestone streets for very long. Then, as I ran up the sidewalk to the main street, I was chased by a dog. There are thousands of stray and owned dogs roaming the streets here and most are harmless, but this one didn't want me in his territory. I stopped chasing me as soon as I stopped running. I finally made it to the carraterra, the main street through town that has a cyclopista that is fairly straight and safe on which to run. I went about 5 minutes before I realized I had used most of my allotted 30 minutes just to get there. (And I was already worn out!) So I went home. Although it wasn't what I had hoped, it did feel good to get out and move. Maybe I'll go again next week.

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

Stray dogs chasing me = no more exercise while in Mexico! I'm a chicken!