Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I apologize for not posting lately.
Not a lot had been happening, so I was waiting for the first day of school to have something of consequence to post. Monday, the first day came. In all the rush, I forgot to take my camera in the morning. Went to pick them up and wasn't allowed to go up to the school to get them because they are doing construction on the road that leads up to the school and the kids were brought down to meet me. Then later that day, I got a 103 degree fever, chills and a massive headache, so I went to bed till noon the next day. So I missed the second day of school. Third, felt better, but still couldn't get the pictures. So I'm going to try for Monday again and pretend it's the first Monday. The kids didn't have their full uniforms on the first day anyway, but I do have a picture of them at home before school in part. (Fully clothed just not all the right clothes.)
School seems to be hard for them so far. They actually have the same teachers for 3rd (Jane) and 4th (Riley) grades. Maestra Barbara for the English half and Maestra Angie for the Spanish half. They just trade classrooms at half day. Neither of the kids understand anything in the Spanish half and don't even understand the assignment they write in their homework notebook. It makes it hard to remember to bring home the right notebooks and textbooks. Both are too shy to ask, too. I guess they'll have to get over it.

2 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Oh man, that would be so hard...the spanish at school part. Wonder how long it will take them to get the hang of it. My guess is...not long. Sorry you were so sick. Total pits. Your kids look adorable on their second Monday of school. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the frown on Riley's face! I hope you're feeling better!