Thursday, August 28, 2008

1st day of the second week of school?

As promised, I took my camera to get the pictures I missed on the first day of school. There was also an assembly so I stayed for that and got some pictures.

Here is the road leading up to the school. The school is at the top. About 1/4th done with cobblestones and they say 2 more weeks. Of course they say that about almost everything.

Riley with his class waiting for the assembly to start. You can see from the other kids around what the uniform looks like.

The color guard; they were very impressive marchers. Ask me someday and I'll show it to you.

They introduced all the teachers to the students. The two in the right, middle of the frame are Riley and Jane's. Very nice.

Last they had all of the new students and faculty come to the middle of the group and get a balloon. Then they sang a very jazzy and inspirational (I assume) song and let go of the balloons. Riley and Jane agreed that was the best part.

This next picture is so typical of Riley. Not paying attention and slow to realize that everyone else had left the middle of the quad and joined their classes. But at least he's cool about it.
Wednesday, I attended a parents meeting for the whole school and this morning I went to a 3rd and 4th grade meeting. (Remember they have the same teachers.) I didn't understand very much of it, but I hope the teachers can see I'm involved if not knowledgable. Some of the Spanish homework had been hard and time consuming trying to translate stories well enough to answer questions. But we learn a few more words everyday. I hope they do better at school than we do at home.

1 comment:

Shawni said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog! I love that you're living in Mexico! That sounds like such an adventure and I love things like that...especially when you can take kids and really teach them so much. i'm sure they're soaking it in like sponges. I'll have to check in again on your adventures...