Saturday, July 12, 2008

We're Here

The kids and I got up at about 6:30am on Thursday morning. ( I meant to get up at 6am, but fell asleep after I turned the alarm off.) We rushed around to finish packing and load the car. We opened presents with Charlie during breakfast (it was his birthday; good thing he doesn't understand) and tried to cram those into a bag somewhere. Somehow in the 4 days we spent at my parents, my stuff multiplied. Anyway, we drove to my friend Juli's to get a ride to the airport. We got there with plenty of time to drop our luggage with skycap and check-in. Unfortunately, Skycap doesn't do international flights and for a minute I panicked that I would have to lug 7 bags, 2 carseats and 4 children into the check-in line. The Skycap guy must have seen my panic and offered to help (with tip, of course). Getting onto the plane went smoothly and the flight was good until Charlie got tired. After 30 minutes of crying he finally fell asleep about 30 minutes before we landed. Milli did too. We got off the plane last and I dragged the very cranky and bladder-filled kids through the Visa line. No problems there. I didn't even have to show them the Notarized permission slip Dave worked up for me. Next was getting luggage and Customs. After a bathroom break, I again panicked a little when I couldn't see anymore luggage carts. Hoping she understood English, I asked someone that worked there about it and she got one for me. Everyone had been so nice to me. Customs was a breeze too. Being very last in line might have helped too. Finally we exited into the terminal and saw Dave waiting for us. I can't tell you how glad I was to see him. And he looked so handsome in his new mustache and goatee he was growing. (I'll somehow snap a pic for you). Dave got the car and we were officially in Mexico.
I'm going to try to catch up one of these days so I can actually write about something that happened that very day, but not today.
More later! Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

emlizalmo said...

You MADE it! I can't believe it. Well, I can, but whew...what a long day that must have been. I am so proud of you for pulling it off. :) Happy birthday to Charlie! Can't wait to see pictures...of mexico, AND your hairy hubby.

MaryClaire Brown said...

glad to hear that you made it safe and sound. can't wait to hear more about everything and HAPPY BIRHTDAY CHARLIE!