Saturday, July 5, 2008


Dave left this morning to start his 4 day roadtrip to Ajijic. We had a fun week visiting with friends and family and packing up the house. In fact I'm still packing it up. I kind of thought that it wouldn't take me very long since we're not taking very much and we're storing most of our stuff in the house, but I was wrong. Besides the fact that I haven't cleaned almost anything but dishes for 2 weeks, so the house is a disaster. We are renting the house to Dave's cousin Cam and his new wife, Sarah, and they'll be using all of our furniture. We're packing all the other stuff into the unused bedrooms. I suppose I'll spend most of Monday and Tuesday cleaning.
Dave had made it this first day to New Mexico. He says the Sienna is taking the trip well. By the way, the car has been another part of our story. We decided that since we could only take one car to Mexico that we'd trade in the Grand Caravan and the Infiniti at the same time (and save some sales tax) for a new van. We did this about a month ago, so we've been a one car family for that long. It actually hasn't been too bad and we expect it to be even easier in Mexico.
The kids and I are now at my parents house in Alpine till we fly out on Thursday. Boy I'm glad we decided to fly everyone but Dave. 4 days in the car with 4 kids, not my idea of fun. But I am nervous for Dave. He is usually the primary driver on our family roadtrips, but he has a tendency to get drowsy after lunch. I'm usually there to keep him awake. So pray for him, please.
Look for Dave's comment after this post.

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

Oh my gosh Carrie...it's getting so close. Hope Davey makes it safe and sound. I'm so excited to see some brown bag pictures as soon as you guys arrive! :) Love you.